Test: Discrete Adjoint with OpenFoam¶
Test contains a suite of discrete adjoint solvers for OpenFOAM. These adjoint solvers run as standalone executives to compute derivatives. Test also has a Python interface that allows the adjoint solvers to interact with external modules for high-fidelity design optimization. Test has the following features:
- It implements an efficient discrete adjoint approach with competitive speed, scalability, accuracy, and compatibility.
- It allows rapid discrete adjoint development for any steady-state OpenFOAM solvers with modifying only O(100) lines of source codes.
- It supports design optimizations for a wide range of disciplines such as aerodynamics, heat transfer, structures, hydrodynamics, and radiation.
The Test repository comprises of five main directories:
- applications: adjoint solvers and utilities
- doc: documentation
- python: python interface to other optimization packages
- src: the core Test libraries
- tutorials: sample optimization setup for each adjoint solver